From:
Roni Lamb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 15:08:28 -0500

After I posted (several days ago) that, with the exception of the Almond
Butter Crunch bar, the Balance Bar Company had informed me there was no
added gluten in their bars (they were not ruling out cross contamination,
however), someone wrote to me and said they had checked Balance Bar's
website, which listed gluten containing ingredients in their "Outdoor" line.

I, too, checked it and found the same information.  I wrote to Balance Bar
and following is their response.

We rely heavily on Balance Bars for our picky three year old, so we are
relieved to get this cleared up.  Hope this is helpful to others as well.

Roni Lamb in NJ/USA