From:
Ayn Gilliland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Apr 2000 06:52:10 -0500

Hi All--

Several people responded to my question re: the prevalence of primary
biliary cirrhosis in celiacs. Thanks so much to those people and for
their information!

Of the five or six who responded, three had been diagnosed with PBC. The medical
community is still not certain about the etiology, but is inclined to
believe it is an autoimmune process.

One person suggested that I consider food allergies.

One person suggested an intolerance to lactose as the cause of my
symptoms, which I've known I suffer from. At this suggestion, however, I
switched from Vitamite milk (lactose free and gf, but contains milk
protein) and am now drinking almond milk. Due to the price of this milk,
however, I'm looking into Better Than Milk - rice.

Thanks again to all who responded...every little bit of information
helps us all!

Ayn Gilliland
Topeka, Kansas