From:
"Elizabeth B. Frierson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Feb 1996 10:16:20 -0500

Okay gang, here's one for the mystified doctor files.  For the second time
following an eye exam with dilation, I've had a pretty severe intestinal
response.  The doctor referred to the drops as an "anticolonergic" (sp.?)
but said he's rarely if ever heard of this kind of reaction to what is
basically a pretty weak medication.  They use the milder form because I'm
blue-eyed and hence they say more responsive to the dilating drops.  He
says there are other kinds of drops they can use -- any advice out there?
As background, my son is celiac, but while I show some fairly unquantifiable
improvements on a gluten-free diet and so generally stick to it, tested
negative for villi damage myself.  Both of us have various allergies food
and inhalant.  He hasn't had an eye exam yet (he's only 4) and I'd like to
spare him this if it's a celiac response.

Please reply privately if you prefer.  Thanks, Elizabeth