From:
Lydia Parlow <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lydia Parlow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Apr 2009 09:28:29 -0500

Greetings,
I received some amazingly helpful responses to the medication question for my aunt.
Thanks to all of you who responded! I am mailing them all to my aunt June and will include any helpful/encouraging statements in regards to her problems with diarrhea and healing. It is a frustrating time for her but many others said that they too had a long wait before the diarrhea stopped. I know it took my own son who is 15 seven long months!
So, here is the summary:

Most said that Synthroid is gluten free even though the manufacturer is still testing. Many have used it a long time with no negative reaction. One person said that their son had a reacton so he switched to Levothyroxine by Mova which was guaranteed to be gluten free.
Atenolol is gluten free.
Clonidine is gluten free according to clan thompson 2/10/09.
Avapro according to clan thompson is rated as unknown but there are no gluten containing ingredients listed. One person said it is gluten free.
Bumetanide is not on the clan thompson list but one person said that all Teva products are gluten free.
Lorazepam by Mylan is gluten free but by Purepac is unknown. One person stated that they take it every night with no problem.
Immodium is gluten free in caplets and tablets. One person could not use it because it caused abdominal pain.

I was advised to use the clan thompson smart list or go to www.glutenfreedrugs.com. Someone also mentioned that celiac sprue puts out a data base of gluten free foods in book form.

Thanks to all!!!!
Sincerely,
Lydia and auntie June