Date:
Tue, 15 Jul 2008 20:47:52 -0400

It's me again (if you've been following my composite thread), and I just
thought I'd ask whether there is anyone out there with a similar experience, or
knows someone, who has opted to return to amalgam (that's the metal
fillings), because the composite was causing them physical problems, or
upsetting their celiac (causing gut bloating, etc.).  They don't have to be
celiac - I'm just wondering if this has happened to anyone at all.

If it has, please drop me a line and share your story.  I'm considering returning
to the metal myself.

Or if you've had any bad reactions to a particular brand of material and had to
redo to another, do share.

The woman at Clifford diagnostics said to have my dentist call their
immunologist, but I don't see how that's going to solve this.  My dentist
doesn't seem to want to bother with it anymore.

I called a dentist in town and he said that people can be sensitive to the
chemicals alone, and that amalgam is more durable, and the least allergenic.
That's what he said, and I never had a problem that I know of to the
amalgam.  Of course, I didn't have a lot in my mouth either, before all this.

When I checked some of the hazardous info on the net of some of the
products by the composite companies, they do say they are known irritants.
The gastro doctor said my insides are irritated.  The bloat is unbearable.

Sorry to drag this on.  Thanks so much.

Andrea