From:
Karen Courtright <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Karen Courtright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Jun 2005 13:36:35 -0500

I am so disappointed by the tone of the point and counterpoint
conversation going on about what constitutes "truly" gluten free with
respect to processing conditions.  It would be my wish that listmates
would recognize that there is quite bit of variation in the GF
'lifestyle' and that some people need to be more rigorous than others in
their diet.  My son needs only to adhere to non-gluten containing
ingredients and has never had issues with cross-contamination (blood
tests every six months, no symptoms in 2 years gluten free.)  I would be
very satisfied with Nature's Path's description, but realize that others
may not be healthy if they were satisfied with it.  I guess I am asking
that people take the time to be descriptive of the level of rigor that
they are applying when making statements about what is/is not "good
enough" for their diet, and not sound judgmental about lower standards
that may be sufficient for others.

Karen