From:
Cecilia McNeil <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cecilia McNeil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Feb 2007 21:14:55 -0600

The Gluten Home Test, distributed by ELISA Technologies, Inc. is designed to help sufferers from Gluten intolerance and Celiac suffers reduce levels of gluten intake. Testing food to be eaten with the Gluten Home Test can give an indication that gluten is present.

The Gluten Home Test works in a similar way as a home pregnancy test in that it utilizes a lateral flow device and gives a result within about five minutes.  These tests are portable, easy-to-use, and do not require any additional equipment or refrigeration.

In the first step, foods are mixed with a liquid in a tube to dissolve any gluten. Then a special comb is used to introduce the liquid into the lateral flow test unit.

The liquid flows through a test "window" where lines appear depending on whether the food contains gluten or not. In addition to gluten from common "bread" wheat the test also detects duram (pasta) wheat, triticale & rye and, to a much lesser extent, barley.

www.elisa-tek.com/Gluten Home Page.htm

*****  I have sent this information to the vendor I purchased from and suggested if they plan on continuing to sell this for Celiacs they should Elisa test  the bread.  I truly believe they will not be selling this bread as Gluten Free any longer, and I know they won't be selling it to me.  I feel they were duped by DeLand as many of us were so I am not releasing their name or website.  JUST DON'T BUY OR EAT DELAND BAKERY MILLET BREAD that is my advice.

If you would like the full array of information I was able to collect on this subject e-mail me and I will send it out to you.  There is a lot!

Thanks Everyone,

Cecilia, TX

*******
*******