Date:
Tue, 22 Nov 1994 07:02:54 GMT

To the posting by David on diary and gluten. What you think due to lactose is
instead due with an high degree of probability to casein (which is not a
sugar but a protein) which is ALWAYS present in ALL diary products.

In the case of autism one should avoid both gluten and diary products: from
both substances the same opioids are produced and have almost the same
effects as one can see from the posting of Karl Reichelt. The most obvious
thing to do in such cases (as many parents of our Autistic Association are
doing here in Italy with their children) is to make a strict
diet free of both gluten and casein.

The average physician knows very little (at least here in my country) about all
this stuff of diet and the like: I hope that in your country the situation is
different and you can get more enlightment from doctors on your problems
which, as ours, are extremely serious. Good luck.

Pierlugi Fortini president of ANGSA (italian autistic parent association)