From:
George and Becky Holland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 23:01:42 -0800

Hello.   I'm newly diagnosed and wondering about vitamins
supplementation.  I've always taken plenty of vitamins, but I guess
they've gone right through me for the most part.  What sort of vitamin
therapy do most newly diagnosed Celiac's recieve?  I'm not anemic, but
my nails are very dry and brittle.  Right now I'm just on a gluten free
multi.  Anyone on B12 shots to begin with?

The second question I have has to do with normal bowel movements.  My
problem presented itself with chronic constipation and very large
stools.  Nothing I would do would help.  The gluten free diet seemed to
stop this problem almost immediately, but  most recently the
constipation is back.  Could this be from Gluten in my diet.? How long
should I  wait before I expect  to see a normal size stool?  I've been
on the diet now for about 2 months.

I should say, that the gluten free diet has turned my life around.  I
feel better than I have in 10 to 15 years.  I only wish I'd been
diagnosed earlier.  I also have Sjogrens, and hypothyroidism.  I'm
hopful that this diet will help alleviate many of the symptoms
associated with these diseases as well over time.  My doctor thinks that
this is possible.

Thank you,

Becky
Texas