From:
Chris Woodcock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jul 1995 11:50:37 -0400

>I know I have seen MANY celiac lists that list ice cream in the
>"NOT ALLOWED" list.  That's utterly ridiculous to me considering MOST
>ice creams appear to be gluten free!

We have found that the ingredients lists of MOST ice creams, particularly the
premiums, DO contain GF substances such as pure vanilla extract and/or
chocolate liqueur (though it seems the jury is still out on whether these do
contain gluten).  In any case, lists we have received from ice cream
manufacturers exclude quite a few flavours. Interestingly we have received
lists that do include some flavours with pure vanilla extract even after we
specifically asked about this ingredient.

In any case, it seems there are plenty that are clearly GF -- happy summer!