Date:
Sun, 10 Aug 2003 22:37:56 EDT

I also attended a lecture with Dr. Peter Greene from Columbia Presbyterian
about 3 months ago where he stated that celiacs should not be on Fosamax.  But
when I asked him  about this further during the question and answer period (as
I was in the process of being tested for CD & on Fosamax at the time) he
clarified --to the best of  my recollection-- that after a person has been on the
diet about one year then it might be safer to go on a drug like Fosamax.

 In my case, although the tests now do not indicate that I have CD, the diet
has improved my symptoms so much that I am going to continue with it and I
have switched to Actonel for the osteoporosis because it is easier on the stomach
than Fosamax.

I hope this helps others.

Sue Ellen in PA