From:
Joy Mendez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Oct 2001 12:21:51 -0500

I have a 1999 listing from the Lee Kum Kee company which lists all their
GF products.  However, their hoisin sauce is not on that list.  I cannot
understand why.  Here are the ingredients:  sugar, sweet potatoes,
water, salt, soybeans, garlic, cornstarch, sesame seeds, spices, chili
pepper, acetic acid, color added.

I realize that something could be in the spices, but since so many of
their products are GF (and all of them have spices in them), I would
guess that the spices in the hoisin sauce would be okay.

Does anyone use this brand, and if not, what brand of hoisin sauce do
you use?  Someone mentioned using hoisin sauce in one of the many spring
roll recipes posted recently.  I'm eager to try these for my son.
Thanks!