From:
"Aimee M. Bittinger" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Apr 1999 13:06:15 -0700

To the celiac list:
Here is a response to an email I sent to fantastic foods. They have a lot of
quick foods, especially cups of soup that are great for traveling (you just
add hot water). They are all vegetarian too. I did not notice the new
Polenta cups on the list but I have written back for that info. I hope this
helps someone. I have never really had a definite reaction to these but it
is nice to be sure.
-Aimee

received 3/5/99
>>Dear Aimee,

On behalf of Fantastic Foods, thank you for your interest in our products.
Regarding the information on our wheat and gluten-free products, I have
attached the current product list you requested. Our ingredients were
checked for wheat, barley, rye, oats, millet and spelt, as outlined in your
letter.  Your concern regarding contamination from one of those grains to
our packaging, is something we cannot guarantee.  The clean-up procedures we
use are very good, but the chance that a particle of one of your prohibited
grains should remain on a conveyor belt or box still remains.   Therefore,
we would advise you not to use our products.

If you choose to purchase any of our wheat and gluten-free products, please
note that our labels should be checked for your sensitivity.  For your
information, the "vinegar powder" used is from distilled white vinegar.

If you should have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate
to e-mail or give me a call at (800) 888-7801, ext. 1240.  Your questions,
comments and suggestions are always welcome.

Vicki Trippel
Fantastic Foods
Consumer Services

The following fantastic foods products do not contain wheat or gluten:

Carton products:
Elegant Grains- Arborio Rice, Basmati Rice, Brown Basmati Rice, Jasmine Rice
Side Dishes- Risotto Classico, Jamaican Black Beans, New Orleans Red Beans
International Dishes- Hummus, Instant Black Beans, Instant Refried Beans,
Polenta Fantastica
Potato Cartons-Broccoli & cheddar, Cheddar cheese, Garlic & Herbs, Sour
cream & Chives
Cup Products:
Chili Ole! cups- Black Bean with Corn, Nacho Chile, White Bean Chili with
Jalepeneos
Creamy Soup Cups- Broccoli & cheddar, Potato Leek
Hearty Soup Cups- Cha Cha Chili, Five bean, Jumpin' Black bean, Split pea
Potato Cups- Broccoli & cheddar, Cheddar cheese, Garlic & Herbs, Sour cream
& Chives, Jalepeno Jack cheeses, Sweet Creamery butter
Rice & Bean Cups- Bombay curry, Cajun, Spicy Jamaican, Tex-Mex
(12/3/98)<<