From:
Lisa Hojnacki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Aug 1999 13:23:32 EDT

Hi all--

I decided to post my question because I've received such helpful information
from my posts in the past.

Anyways,  I was wondering If there is a connection between  celiac disease
and blood sugar.  I have read information about the occurance of diabetes and
celiac disease, but I do not know how common that is.  I feel like I have
really severe hypoglycemia.  I  develop an array of symptoms depending upon
what I eat.  I haven't yet figured out the pattern, but often times my body
crashes, I can become suddenly tired, moody, frustrated, sick feeling, and it
seems like I lose touch with reality.  After I eat it seems like I start to
balance out, however, the time it takes for me to balance varries, as well as
the severity of my symptoms day to day.  (This reaction differs from my
gluten reaction, and I've been on a strict gluten-free diet)

 I guess I'm wondering the distinguishing symptoms between hypoglycemia and
diabetes, It's relationship if any to celiac disease, and  what approach I
should take...tests etc.

LIli