From:
KATHY BENNETT <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
KATHY BENNETT <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Sep 2006 08:45:52 -0400

We just got back from Florida and had an awesome dinner at Bella Brava in
downtown St. Pete. This is one place where gluten free does not have to be
flavor free. Our waitress, Janet, has a family member with CD and she
basically sat down with my daughter, found out what kind of food she liked
and suggested how to have it GF. Chef Mario Luigi, who came out to greet us,
created a wonderful dining experience. My daughter is picky and settled for
a petite filet served on a bed of smoked mozzarella mashed potato's. A large
lettuce free vegetable salad was served family style with croutons on the
side. Since the foccacia is amazing and obviously not GF, Janet set a plate
of italian olives next to my daughter. We helped her out with them and they
were great. I can't remember the name of the dessert but it was some kind of
creme brulee/flan combination that was heavenly. If you like polenta,
rissotto, sea bass, salmon, or a smothered chicken breast you won't leave
disappointed. Bravo Bella Brava! Call ahead and ask for one of Janet's
tables but if you can't get her I'm sure you will still have a great meal.
KathyB