From:
"MDAVIS.US.ORACLE.COM" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Feb 1996 08:11:59 -0800

Dear all;

I am new to this list service and am interested in reports from other families
that have placed their autistic children on the G/F and C/F diets.  What
changes did you see? What time frames did these changes take place?

Our son Brad was diagnosed with PDD at the age of 4 1/2.  He is now 6 and for
the last 1 1/2 years we have worked with him in a home based program from The
Option Institute called "Son-Rise".  Brad has made very good progress
regarding his eye-contact,communication skills, control over impulsive
behaviors, and general overall improvement in all areas.

We received information in January '96 regarding research being performed by
Dr. Robert Cade at the University of Florida regarding high intolerances of
Gluten and Casin in the diets of autistic children.  We sent blood and urine
samples to be analyzed and found out that Brad's results were extremely high
in both catagories.  We were instructed to start the G/F and C/F diet
immediately.  We have been on the diet for about 2 weeks, but have not noticed
a lot of difference, except he seems to be a little more hyper at times.  I
understand there is a withdraw period before noticable changes.  Can you
provide me details about the characteristics of this withdraw period and how
long it lasts, also what noticable improvements your children have made while
on the diet.

thanks,

Kent Davis
Charlotte, NC