From:
Paula McMahon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Dec 1995 18:30:02 -0500

My appointment to see the GI was postponed until January 17. In preparation
for the earlier appointment I was Gluten-loading and feeling very
uncomfortable. When I found out the GI was going on vacation and wouldn't
be able to see me for another month, I decided to cut way back on my gluten
intake-the only possible sources are vinegars in salad dressings. Is this
low enough to see benefits and yet high enough to get a diagnoses if I am
celiac? In the high gluten phase I was bloated and constipated, after 2
days in the low gluten phase I have cramping and diarhea, is this anyone
else's experience? I can rationalize it as being related to the degree of
intestinal inflamation, but maybe I'm just full of hot air.

Paula
Madison, WI