From:
Joy Farley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Dec 2000 11:44:35 EST

As promised here are the recipes that I received for chicken nuggets:

From Jean in Ohio:

Oven Fried Chicken

Blend in plastic bag
1/2c GF flour (I use Hagman's first blend)
2t paprika
1t salt
1/4 t pepper

Preheat oven to 400.  Melt 1/2 c butter or margarine in shallow baking pan in
oven.  Shake chicken pieces in flour mix,  Dip in melted butter, turning to
coat evenly.  Bake uncovered for 1 hour, turning at 30 minutes.  Bake
boneless chicken for 30 minutes.  Bake nuggets for 15 minutes or until cooked
through.  (Also can be used for coating pork chips.  Bake at 425 for 15
minutes for 1/2" thick chips, 5 to 10 minutes longer for thicker chops.)

From Lisa:

Little T's Tasty Chicken Nuggets

1 large egg
1/4 c rice milk
1/2 c brown rice flour
1/4 c tapioca flour
1 t salt
1 t pepper

Spices (mix in with ingredients above)

1 pinch thyme
1 pinch oregano
1 pinch rosemary
3 pinch sweet basil
3 pinch parsley
1 baked garlic
1t GFCF baking powder-put in last

Mix the above ingredients together in a bowl and soak chicken pieces in this
mixture.

In a separate bowl crush 1/4 c Lay Brand original regular potato chips (as
fine as posssible) or brown rice bread crumbs.

Dip chicken in potato chips or brown rice bread crumbs.

Deep fry for 5 minutes.

From Mireille:

Weight Watcher honey dipped chicken nuggets

3T honey
1 egg white, lightly beaten
2 lbs. boneless, ckinless chicen breasts, cut into chunks
2 c GF cornflake crumbs
1/2 t salt
1/2 c GF reduced calorie mayonnaise
1/4 c GF Dijon type mustard
GF cooking spray

Preheat oven to 400. Spray a large, nonstick baking sheet with cooking spray.
 In a large bowl, mix 1 T honey with the egg white.  Add the chicken,  Stir
to coat. Transfer the chicken to a colander and set it over a large bowl.  On
a sheet of wax paper, combine the cornflake crumbs and salt.  One at a time,
dip the chicken pieces into the crumbs.  Place dipped chicken on the baking
sheet.  Spray the tops of the chicken lightly with cooking spray.  Bake 8-10
minutes until chicken is cooked through.  While chicken is baking, mix mayo,
mustard and remaining honey in a small bowl to make dipping sauce. Serve
chicken nuggets with dipping sauce.

She also suggested:

-Crushed Rice Crunchems as a coating
-visiting the website: http://forums.delphi.com/celiac/messages

From Sara in Mass:

Mix 2 parts cornstarch with 1 part water (I started with 4 T and 2 T). Then
add coarsley ground GF cereal (I used Rice Krispie things).  Then add more
water until you have something the consistency of paper machier glue.  I kept
adjusting corn starch and water until I had a batter consistency.  Cut
boneless, skinless chicken into chunks.  I pound then flat, but your don't
have to. Add salt, pepper to taste.  (I added garlic powder too).  Fry them
in oil over medium heat until crispy, drain on paper towels and serve.

From Beth:

2 lbs. chicken breast
1 c corn meal
1 t salt
1/2 t pepper
1 t garlic salt

Cut chicken breast into bite-sized peices.  Put other ingredients into a
ziploc bag, seal, and shake to mix.  Drop a couple of pieces of the chicken
into the corn meal mixture, seal the bag, and shake to coat.  Remove to
plate.  Repeat until all of the chicken is coated.  These can be fried in a
deep fryer, in a skillet, or sprayed with PAM and baked at 350 degrees for 30
minutes.

From Karen:

Chicken Fingers

2 c rice flour
1/2 T paprika
1/4 T cayenne
2 T white sesame seeds
1 quart cold soda water
4 single chicken breasts-cut into strips
salt to taste

In a bowl, mix together the flour, paprika, cayenne and sesame seeds.  Whisk
in the soda until a pancake batter consistency is achieved.  Dip the chicken
fingers individually in the batter and fry until golden brown, about 5
minutes.  Season with salt.

I received other recipes, but they were basically the same as one of those
above.

Again, thanks to all who responded.  I made chicken nuggets last night for
dinner and the kids are asking for them again today!  Happy New Year!  Joy