From:
Beverlee Constable <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Oct 1996 22:59:28 -0400

> I would love to  have an  alternative to rice crackers.  Does anyone have a
> bread recipe that does not contain wheat, yeast and diary products?

I order a mix for white bread from:

        The Gluten-Free Pantry
        PO Box 881
        Glastonbury, Ct 006033
        Phone:  860-633-3826
        Fax:  860-633-6853
        (800) 291-8386 (orders only)
        email: [log in to unmask]

I have no affiliation with the owner or product.  She is the mother of a
CD child and a gourmet cook who began experimenting with mixes when her
child was diagnosed.  Ask for the pamphlet of offerings; there's quite a
variety, including baking mixes for breads, muffins, cookies, etc.,
soups, pastas, vitamins, books.  I buy the "Favorite White Bread Mix" by
the case.  It's not cheap ($4.75 for a 2-lb. mix) but it's good and you
get a 10% discount for case purchase.  I've tried most of the pasta and
several of the mixes and have been pleased with everything.  One small
caution:  I use a bread machine and I had to experiment a little to get
the exact settings -- think it's because of altitude differences.  (I'm
at approx. 3200 ft. elevation.)  Technically, it's not supposed to
matter but it seems to with GF baking.

Good luck,

Bev C.
Lakeside, Montana