From:
Christina Kuhne <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Christina Kuhne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 07:12:49 +1000

    Dear Friends

I thought that I had this all under control, but while away at my daughter's I got the flu and haven't had the flu since being diagnosed with CD. Anyway as I cannot take regular cold and flu tablets because of high blood pressure I got some natural ones. I thought they would be fine however I am sure they gave me a gluten reaction, they said to take 2 every two hours for two days then 1 every six hours.  About an hour after the first two I got severe wind cramps and diarohoe, so didn't think was tablets so took two more and hour later same thing, so thought would try one more time but same thing happened, once I stopped taking them the gluten reaction stopped so was definitely the tablets.

Here are the ingredients from the bottle.
Potassium Chloride 35gms
Iron Phosphate 20mg

This mineral formula is designed to assist the temporary relief of colds,  inflammation, catarrh, and feverish conditions.  May reduce susceptibility to fatigue.

NO added cane sugar, lactose, starch, gluten, artificial flavours, preservatives or animal products.

Can anybody explain this am trying to contact the company also.

Christina

Below is a copy of the email I sent to Nature's Own and also the website.

www.NaturesOwn.com.au

Dear Sir/Madam

I suffer from Coeliac Disease and recently purchased some Nature's Own Cold and Flu tablets, which have clearly marked no added gluten, however I experienced a severe gluten reaction, after the first dose of two tablets about an hour later I experienced cramps wind and diarohoe, then I thought couldn't be the tablets so I took two more and hour later same thing so thought well one more try so took two more after the two hours as directed on the bottle and same thing.  So I didn't take any more and I didn't experience these symptoms again so it has to be coming from you tablets.  What exactly do you mean when you say no added gluten and are your lines gluten free.
I have used your products in  the past and would like to use them again however I need to clear up theses details first as I will not use them again if I am going to experience gluten reactions.  Thanking you in advance

Christina