From:
"D. Resch" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Aug 1999 12:54:21 -0400

Listmates:

I have been on this list for about 5 years and usually don't get  involved
in controversial issues.  I have seen issues come and go.  Heated arguments
fade eventually and people feel better that they at least have had the
opportunity to vent their feelings in a supposedly understanding
and  hopefully nonjudgemental forum.    Maybe I'm just a not feeling quite
so tolerant today but Leigh, I must say that I personally feel that your
post was insulting and unnecessary.  Yes, there are times when the topics
get off track and maybe some posts have more objective value then
others.  Yes, I do save the posts about gluten free products and recipes
and I scan and sometimes delete the posts that I don't feel are relevant to
me personally.  That's the nice thing about the DELETE key and as far as I
know, most computers have them.

Although we all share the common bond of some form of Celiac Disease,  we
are still represent a variety of people with different interests and
concerns.  If this issue of losing friends has sparked many posts, then
perhaps it must be respected as a topic of interest. I am not interested at
all in posts involving alcohol.  So do I have the right to tell those
people who are interested to write each other privately because personally
I could care less??   If someone has a complaint, they should email the
listowners privately and they can decide on an appropriate action.  They
are the ones who have put in the time and effort to keep this list going
over the years.

I apologize for the lengthy post.  I usually try to keep my posts as short
and to the point as possible.  I have not participated or even read all the
post regarding lost friendship.  I still feel that people have a right to
voice their concerns and to receive support.  I also feel that if someone
doesn't like it, there are more sensitive ways to deal with a problem.  We
are here to help ourselves and should also be here to help each other
because you can't really feel good about yourself if it's always about
you.   This is just my personal opinion.

Deb
West Creek, NJ