From:
Bill Avery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Feb 1999 13:37:57 EST

About five months ago I started losing weight (30 pounds), became anemic, low
B-12, cramps, diarreah, etc. etc. and was diagnosed by blood test with very
high antigens, went on the diet, immediately stopped most symptoms, and have
now gained back all 30 pounds.  About 15 years before I lost weight, had
diarreah and after a few months gained back all my weight and essentially
other than an IBS diagnosis led a normal life - until I got sick five months
ago.

I now feel like I did 15 years ago when I was not GF.  So here's my question:
Does anyone know whether or not CD goes into remission?  In otherwords, if I'm
a celiac, how come I returned to normal 15 years ago and was pretty much
feeling as I am now.  I still have IBS but not as bad as before, cramping,
etc. stopped.  Does the celiac condition come and go, ie, go into remission?
Will summarize responses.