From:
- Phyllis Chinn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 26 Jul 2011 15:43:47 EDT

It looks like I'll have to make my own.

I've never seen a tarragon vinegar that is GF either.  However, might you
just consider a small pinch of dried tarragon for your dressing?  A VERY
LITTLE bit of tarragon goes a long way, so I'd experiment with a very tiny bit,
and then just add to taste.  I use dried tarragon all the time, just for
this reason (no tarragon vinegar any more).  I hope you'll re-post to the list
if you are told of a brand that is OK!
+++++
I use rice vinegar and add tarragon seasoning.  Easy!
++++++
You can make your own GF tarragon vinegar.  A brief search with Google  I
found this:
http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Tarragon-Vinegar
++++++
I use Maitre Jacques Tarragon French Wine Vinegar that I find at Wegman's.
Ingredients are: white wine vinegar, tarragon, potassium meta bisulfites as
a preservative adjusted with water to .06 acidity. Imported from France. I
have been using this with no problem.
++++++++

Reese tarragon sprig wine vinegar seems ok.
+++++

some people heat the vinegar or make your own
+++++
The easiest thing is to make it yourself...just get some high quality
fresh tarragon (widely  vailable) --make sure it is washed clean  (gently) and
dried (sunlight is fine)...and pop it into a jar of high  quality vinegar.
Wait a bit for it to diffuse it's flavor...