From:
VALORIE KESMAN <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
VALORIE KESMAN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jun 2010 15:31:11 -0400

Question: Is it OK  to use cast iron and plastics that have been used for
gluten cooking.

 Thank you for all the responses i got. Seems to be a split decision on cast
iron. Cleaning  well, then re seasoning it before gluten-free cooking should
be OK, but some say no it is to porous, therefore not to take the chance..
As for plastics, most say don't use it if it has been contaminated.
Especially if it is the soft plastic or has scratches. I am a very sensitive
celiac and have purchased all new cookware and replaced plastics with
glass for my home, as my husband eats g.f. with me, but i wanted to share
this info. with my celiac support group. Again, thank you for all your
                                    Val...