From:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Dec 2011 08:11:10 -0500

Here is the response I got from IKEA:

Hello,

Thank you for your email. It is correct that the blueberry cake is gluten free, as well as the almond cake, almond cake with dark chocolate and the almond cake with milk chocolate and butterscotch. These cakes doesn't contain any gluten; neither in the actual product nor the production area. We will update the packaging for these cakes before the next print run and add that they are free of gluten too. But you can feel secure that they does not contain any gluten already today since it is not written on the label/packaging as ingredient or traces of.

When it comes to the restaurant range and gluten free options here, please ask the staff at your next visit in the store since the range is constantly changing and we have both global and local produced dishes. However you always have to consider the risk of contamination from products containing gluten since they are all prepared in the same area in the restaurant, and we can therefore never guarantee that a dish is totally free of gluten.

Kind regards,
Josefine Hallberg
IKEA Food Services AB