From:
romrider <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 00:06:05 -0700

After reading a post a short while ago from a man who is up in years
that for most of his life he thought he was gluten free... I think he's
quite right, it's impossible to be 100% free of this poison...  I work
in a college that has a bakery, I walk past the bakery every day and all
the people comment things like " Oh it smells so good" .. and Every
Single Day when I smell that smell I think to myself, how many millions
of gluten packed particles there must be floating in the air, I breath
them in, they get stuck in my mucous then swallowed... sounds gross but
it's exactly what we do when we inhale a mouth full of dust or in this
case flour dust...

I think the solution might just be to make a city that is 100% gluten
free and then put a HUGE glass bubble around it.... The safeways there
would have nothing but gluten free products, and the security system at
the door would sniff for gluten.. hahaha... Possibly train some German
Shepherd dogs to sniff it at the airport...

Ok i'm being unrealistic, but is it really possible to be 100% gluten
free? I personally would feel silly walking around with a respirator
when i'm inside this bakery at work and it's part of my job as senior
supervisor for the cleaning at the college...

Just my two cents!