From:
"Peter L. Warren" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Nov 1996 15:20:22 -0500

Without having seen your critters, I would suspect that they were
indian-meal moth caterpillars, a very common stored product pest.  They are
often brought home from stores but are just as common in homes.  They will
feed on most grains, including rice, and dried vegetable products.  The
best way to get rid of them is just what you did - clean out your
pantry/larder and keep the containers you use sealed tight.  If there were
adults, they may have laid eggs and thus you may still see a few flying
around looking for a bite.  They do not live long and will disappear a week
or two after your cleaning efforts if you were sucessful.  Good luck.

>After spending most of today cleaning BAD BUGS--WORMS out of my pantry, I
>thought it might be a good time to warn new members of the list as well
>as the rest of you to watch for those critters.
>Sharon in KS

 Peter Warren
 Blacksburg, VA

A mosquito was heard to complain
that the chemist had poisoned his brain.
The cause of his sorrow
was paradichloro-
diphenyltrichloroethane.

                       - Unknown