From:
Dimitrios Douros <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dimitrios Douros <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Apr 2014 10:22:49 -0700

In a zealous pursuit of the absolute nirvana of ZERO ppm
we are turning food providers into our enemies.

I just bought a container of Organic Thompson Raisins
from Whole Foods.

The ingredients list says: Organic Thompson Raisins

then  below it is a line that says:

"May contain peanuts, tree nuts, milk, eggs, wheat and soy"

Obviously I'm going to eat these great raisins and
buy them and eat them again and again! But Whole
Foods will keep that statement on its package because
it doesn't want to get complaints from anyone. And a
newly diagnosed patient or zealous celiac will put this
nutritious item on a 'do not eat' list simply because of
the CYA label that we are all pushing food manufacturers
into!

ZERO ppm cannot be measured and never will be!
Therefore it can never be guaranteed. So if we push
food manufacturers for it they'll just slap a CYA label
on their products and if that means celiacs have
even fewer food options, so bee it. It will be a world
of their making.

Dimitrios

See the world in proper perspective: www.petersmap.com