From:
MICHELLE ADAMS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jul 2000 09:52:49 -0400

Went to the Gastro yesterday for my
second check up since being diagnosed
and he told me my liver count is high.

The way I read my lab results is the test was ALT (SGPT).

The result is 93 and the Reverence Interval is between 0 - 50

So it is really elevated!  Does anyone know why? (I don't drink)
Has anyone else experienced this problem? Solutions?

Also, he is very concerned because I am doing the opposite
of what his other celiac patients are doing (losing weight
instead of gaining - I've lost 24 lbs in 8 months) and no,
I'm not starving myself, But I do have many many other
food allergies now.  It seems pretty much everything
bothers me.  I stick to the "Eat Right 4 Your Type" diet
for Type O and have been doing very well with it.

Haven't lost a pound for 4 weeks now.

He has already told me that I am teaching him more
than he is me.  I shared with him the fact that not
all Celiacs are skinny.  1/3 gain, 1/3 maintain, 1/3 lose.

Also, I would appreciate any additional information
on this to share with him.

Kind, informative comments, references, suggestions,
would be GREATLY appreciated.

Michelle in MD