From:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 May 2008 21:23:04 -0400

Looks like this is one popular product. The only one who hasn't replied, it seems, is the manufacturer.
Thank you.  Thank you.
Just FYI, since you don't need a mixer to make Chebe bread (just a bowl and your hands), I took a package with me when I visited my grandbaby in California last week, since it would be so easy to whip up. I made them while the baby was playing and had breadsticks with dinner, albeit a tad hard, at the time. Maybe it was their oven.
I honestly have no connection to the company. Just wondering why it took me so long to try the stuff. Your suggestions for additional ingredients and lower heat and shorter cooking...I think will do the trick.

Lin

Here is more from our listmates:

---We have used Chebe mix for years with few problems.  For breadsticks are you baking too long?  I turn the breadsticks so that they brown a bit on both sides and even then they don't brown much.  I also give a butter/marg brushing which makes them tastier (for most uses we don't add the cheese to the mix).

---Chebe bread also makes a very good soft tortilla.  We bought a tortilla maker but before that would roll them out and just cook in a hot pan a short time until they started to look a bit dry.  In the southwest we use tortilla's for just about anything--rolled up pb&j's were my kids favorites.

---Next time you have leftover Pigs wrap well in  waxed paper and microwave for a short time to see if they come out softer, 20-40 seconds is my guess.

---I presume, instead of milk, a listmate recommended:
Vance's Dari free ? I mixes beautifully and cooks well. I
just leave out the cheeses.  http://www.vancesfoods.com/DariFree_p/ds.htm
Though it is not Kosher certified.