From:
A Gilliland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 8 May 2006 14:48:24 -0700

Hi All--

  Yikes, that didn't take long! The survey I posted this a.m. was closed by just after noon. Thank you, to all who participated and were so candid in your answers. Since that was a freebie from SurveyMonkey, I don't get the bells and whistles of computer analysis, so it will take me a few days to get the information into some kind of usable form. When that's done, I'll post it to the list. (I have no financial interest in SurveyMonkey - just an easy tool for quick surveys).

  I glanced through approximately 60% of the replies to the last question, which was an essay-type answer to, "If you could choose one thing that would make your life as a celiac easier, what would that be?" I am certainly cognizant that my own biases could factor in here, but it appeared to me that a fairly large number of people were needing to vent frustrations, which I happen to believe is a good thing. We all know that the gluten free diet is, actually, quite healthy. But it isn't always pleasurable - or convenient - or manageable - or affordable. Sometimes, as some of your answers reflected, we need to be able to just out-and-out complain.

  Thanks, again...I'm looking forward to analyzing these surveys in more depth. Then, I hope to be able to put the information to good use...

  Cheers,
  Ayn in Alabama

    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.