From:
Mary Straiton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Jun 1997 19:14:19 +0000

Hi there

This is my first posting.  I have not been confirmed as having CD
although I have had a blood test taken which revealed "normal range".
My GP however is keen to pursue the matter with a biopsy - it's just
a matter of when as we are off on a desert holiday near the
beginning of July.  In the meantime I am pursuing a GF diet and
feel marvellous as a result.  I know I will have to go back on to a
normal diet before having the biopsy but can't face it at the
moment.  I suppose that my problem might be merely one of
wheat intolerance.

The implications of my problem affect my relationd and also
might throe light on problems of the past.  For instance, my father,
a first cousin, a second cousin and I all have deformed ribs or
neck bones commonly attributed to rickets.  I underdstand that
rickets is found in poorly nourished children - I don't think any of
us were poorly nourished.  My brother at the age of about 18 months
appeared to have the same digestive problems and we were living in
the outback.  The local GP who had to be an expert in all matters
prescribed a medicine called Taka-diastase (spelling not reliable)
and my mother was told to feed him scraped raw beef and liver.  My
brother did not develop rickets.  My grand-daughter while suffering
severely from asthma, probably inherited from her father also has a
terrible form of excema which seems similar to what I have read
about in your messages - DH - is it?

Is it possible that the rickets in our family developed because of
malabsorption of vitamins?  Isn't it Vitamin D that helps the
formation of the bones?

Cheers from Mary Straiton
Wanneroo, Western Australia

Any circuit design must contain at least one part
which is obsolete, two parts which are unobtainable
and three parts which are still under development.