From:
"Thomas, Janet (HRD)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jun 1995 08:37:00 ADT

Believe me, folks, this was no ordinary case and the child was sick, but not
a Celiac.  I live in Fredericton, New  Brunswick so have had to suffer
through the graphic details of what this little boy went through.  He had
been abused for all his four years, and severely abused at that.  He died
gagged with a sock in his mouth to keep him from crying, tied to his bed
with some sort of harness.  He had not been fed for nearly 3 weeks and had
actually bitten his arms bloody from hunger.  I won't go on with the other
horrifying details about this child's life, but you get the picture.  My son
was nearly 3 years old when he was diagnosed with Celiac disease and he also
looked like a refugee from a famine-ridden country.  But he was at least
being treated by doctors and we were frantic to have something done to help
him.

Sorry if I've offended anyone with this note, but please don't ever put
yourselves as parents in the category of this little boy's parents.

Janet Thomas