From:
George & Gayle Kennedy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jul 1997 17:06:02 -0400

A long time ago I asked about people who had taken Flagyl to cure amoebic
dysentery and had then later developed or been diagnosed as having celiac
disease.  There were perhaps ten who responded.  I dropped the ball, but a
querie from a doctor sent me searching thru files today, and then I came
across a note from Sylvia Genders LeReverend (4//29/97) saying that she had
suffered from dysentery when living in France as a kid, drinking water from
taps at school...and "my innards have never been the same since."

My question is now, how many of you have had dysentery, NOT been treated
with Flagyl, and still developed celiac disease?  The case here may be that
dysentery weakens the gut and is a causing factor, not that very strong
medicine called Flagyl.  Any opinions?

Gayle Kennedy