From:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Aug 2009 21:38:16 -0400

Hey folks. Just tried the Betty Crocker Brownie mix, and not for nuthin'....while I do appreciate BC coming out with gf mixes.....I still like Pamela's Brownie Mix much better!

I have no connection with Pamela's. I'm not advertising. But as I rejoice in seeing commercial brands pick up gluten-free lines, I am concerned (hey, I'm a natural born worrier anyway!) about the specialty companies that started in people's kitchens and saved us from having to make everything from scratch, for the past dozen years or so.... who might not be able to compete with the likes of General Mills.

And although I believe if we don't buy from Betty Crocker and don't buy from the big cereal companies, they'll say the market doesn't support making gf foods, I still think I'm sticking with Pamela's.

I love how Pamela's has different recipes on the bag, and I just plain like it better. BC's is too sweet for me...and soooo much butter, I can feel my arteries clog.

Just my two cents. I'm sure others will have their own opinions. I just hope we don't lose Pamela's because of Betty Crocker.

Lin