From:
Paul & Tonya Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Mar 1997 04:30:06 -0800

Hi everyone,
I have been gluten free for one year.  Yeah! I feel much better.  I had an
interesting reaction to some Hershey Bars.  I read that they were suppose
to be gluten free.  For one week I would have two or three squares after my
lunch.  All of that week I was extremely tired and ached very badly.  (I
thought that I was getting the flu.)  Over a Sat and Sun I didn't have any
chocolate.  Monday I felt wonderful.  I woke up feeling refreshed instead
of tired.  The aches were gone.  At lunch I had two squares of chocolate.
(I hadn't put two and two together yet)  By 3:00pm my joints ached SO badly
AGAIN.  A light bulb went off in my brain.  "Oh, it must be the chocolate!"
   All of this was a few weeks ago.  Tonight I got brave and made some
Pamelas wheat and gluten free brownies.   Well, it's been three hours since
I had a few brownies and I feel fine!  So all of you experts what do you
think?

Is it cross contamination?

Is it and emulsifer in the chocolate?

What's the deal?

Thanks so much.  I don't know what I would do without this