From:
James Freeman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
James Freeman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Feb 2007 09:56:25 -0800

I have been on the GF diet now for three years and in that time I have not
heard of any advances in our knowledge of Celiac disease that holds out any
realistic hope of finding a 'cure' anytime soon.  Obviously we must continue
to support research but there must be many Celiacs like me who are
asymptomatic, and who would be willing to eat foods with gluten
concentration know to be below some very low level. But as far as I know we
don't have reliable figures for the gluten concentration in any foods. If I
could be assured that something like beer for example contained 10ppm of
gluten, I would head out to the liquor store right away. This kind of
information would be more than useful, it would be valuable too, as it would
allow some of us to expand our diets. I am not interested in the possibility
of gluten being in shampoo or nail polish because I don't think there is one
person on the planet who eats those things.

*******
*******