From:
La Listener <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 19 Sep 2004 07:57:19 -0500

(New post)
I know what you are going through! I think there are many people out
there with this problem. I suffered from yeast infections and related
problems (including a horrible rash on my legs) for about five years.
During that time, I did a lot of reading and research on the topic and
tried a lot of home remedies. I do not like to resort to prescriptions,
personally. Also, antibiotics actually feed yeast in that they weaken
the immune system.  I have used Nystatin.
before and it did not help much and the infection flared up after I
quit. The over the counter medications were also ineffective for me.

Anyway, I just recently started a website called YeastRemedies.com,
which is a compilation of everything I have learned. It has worked very
well for me because I no longer get yeast infections of any kind. I have
many, many suggestions on that site, but I will give you a few here. The
biggest thing I would stress is that you purchase a water purifier and
start drinking at least eight 8 oz. glasses of water a day--even more
would be better. Water is the most amazing cure for yeast, in my
opinion! Your body will get used to drinking that much and eventually
you will not need to be running to the bathroom every 10 minutes. ;-)

Keep up the plain yogurt. Adding the probiotics is a good idea, but most
brands have very few live organisms by the time they reach your
intestines.  Shaklee has a patented
delivery method (the capsule is seamless and includes three layers to
survive the stomach's acid).  Also, I would suggest that you start taking
oil of Oregano
on a regular basis. It is a natural anti-bacterial and is very potent
against yeast. I'd do a little research on it--it's amazing stuff! I
don't think I have much on my site about it, yet, but will in the
future. If you can stomach it (it can be pretty intense when it's
killing yeast), also try to drink Bragg's apple cider vinegar. I only
recommend this brand, since it is very natural and includes the "mother"
(a beneficial protein). You can read more about it on the Bragg website.
There should be a link on my site or you can do a Google search. Apple
cider vinegar is very cleansing and works very well against yeast. You
can also add it to bath water and it is very soothing. Just do not use
white vinegar, as this feeds it!

Avoid white flour, sugar, and other refined foods. Eat lots of fresh
fruit and vegetables and also protein. Well, I could go on and on! It's
a subject I know a lot about, unfortunately. But, I hope some of my
knowledge can benefit others, like you! Feel free to share my website
with those on the list, if you want. I hope it helps you!
 www.YeastRemedies.com
www.NutritionTalkNow.com

(New post)
I have systemic yeast also.  Apparently we have it for
life.  With herbs I can get rid of it, but it comes
back!  I just live with it.  My practitioner says "no
sugar".  Sugar is in everything!  I limit sugar as
much as my self discipline will allow, and then just
suffer with the results!  I did hear of an oxygen type
product, so I will ask my practitioner about that.  If
it is something that eventually, actually helps me,
I'll post later!  Have my doubts,

(New post)
avoid all alcohol, especially
wine?  I am a registered dietitian and believe wine and other alcohol are a
major contributor to candida

(New post)
I'd like to make a few comments about your posting.
If you have yeast "from head to toe", you should be seeing a medical
doctor/dermatologist.  At least see an MD.  You mentioned Nystatin--so is
the yeast in your mouth or vagina?
All yeast are not the same--there are hundreds+ of species out there
(candida is actually a species name)--so sometimes you have to take an
additional medication.  The yeast on your feet are probably not the same as
the infected nail, and certainly different from "up above".
Last but not least, all of this yeast could indicate you have Type I or II
diabetes mellitus, which certainly can be associated with CD, since they're
located on the same gene.
Whew!  Please see an MD soon so that you can start feeling better soon.
Sometimes the treatment is very slow (it will take at least 9 months for
your toenail to grown in "clear".
I apologize if I have offended you in any way; fighting fungus is very time
consuming since yeast buds can lye dormant for years and suddenly pop up.

(New post)
D'Adamo says yeast is caused by faulty thyroid www.dadamo.com

Do a google search on Atomidine (liquid iodine) and thyroid     and/or
Atomidine  candida      I rub a couple of drops of Atomidine on my skin
to control candida and get rid of toxins.  I do not ingest it as some
people do.  Dr. David Williams Alternative Newsletter  wrote that one
should not ingest topical iodine...on his website he sells a food grade
iodine...be careful...it is important not to consume too much iodine.
Call  1-800-To-CAYCE to order Atomidine...you can order it thru the
internet...try  The Heritage Store  costs about $13. for a small
bottle....read read read about it and decide for yourself if there is a
connection to what is happening to you....don't use it if you are taking
thyroid medication.  It is the only thing that works for me.  Of course
I don't consume sugar.  Good luck