From:
Frank Stapleton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 01:04:11 +0100

Dear Subscribers,

I write from Ireland on behalf of my father, Jim
Stapleton, aged 76.  Jim was diagnosed Celiac 18
months ago.  He strictly adheres to his gluten-free
diet.  6 months ago, following a stomach virus, his
diarrhoea symptoms returned with a vengeance.  A
recent biopsy and investigation tells Jim that his
Vilii are totally flattened and on a scale of 1-5, his
celiac condition is 5.

It has been suggested that Jim may ALSO be suffering
from WHEAT intolerance, or perhaps more likely LACTOSE
intolerance.

We know the answer is in diet.  BUT, which diet now ?
Does anyone have any experience in Celiac Disease in a
person of 76 years only 2 years diagnosed ?

Thanking you in anticipation-

Frank Stapleton