From:
Mireille Cote <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 May 1999 18:16:31 -0400

I need your opinions.

I have been diagnosed Celiac 18 months ago, at 54.  I had all the standard
celiac symptoms.

My 50 years old sister hasn't been well for years.  Depressions, diarrheas,
(but only from times to times).  Five years ago, she has been very sick,
(diarrhea during one year, depression, etc...).  After taking xanax, her
symptoms dissappearent.  She was almost well u7ntil six months ago:  same
symptoms than me:  diarrheas floating stolls, extreme fatigue after lunch,
but she didnt lost weight.  Her gastroenterologist was sure she had CD.  He
passed the antigliadin test:  she was negative.  He passed the absortion
test:  she had a better than average absortion.  Now, he is absolutely sure
she only has IBS.  But waqiting her results, she has been GF and was feeling
wonderfull.

He told her it was because she was eating much more healthy and at regular
hours.

He is welling to pass her the gastroscopy however, due to her skepticism.
She has to go to a gluten challenge.

What do you think of this?

This Dr. is reputed to be aware of CD.

Mireille, Waterloo Quebec.