From:
Joan Davitt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joan Davitt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Jul 2010 23:25:28 -0400

Here are the main replies we received, several people told us about the
following restaurants and of course Wegmans grocery chain

Restaurants:

Suzanne's - north of Ithaca and Watkins on Rte. 414 (Near Seneca Lake) - wonderful restaurant, needs reservations, tell them you need
GF when you make reservations.  Only dinner.  See:  suzannefrc.com
Suzanne Regional Fine Cuisine: 9013 Route 414, Lodi, New York 14860.
607-582-7545; gf dinners call ahead.  There's afternoon tea on Sunday but
they won't do that gf- too many cakes and sandwiches!

Stone Cat Cafe - north of Watkins - on 414 near Hector - totally different atmosphere than Suzanne's -  marks GF
on menus.  See: stonecatcafe.com

Red Newt winery - a winery plus a bistro - see: http://rednewt.com/web/

Moosewood - famous vegeterian restaurant - good food.  Easy to get gf  see: East Buffalo St, Ithaca
http://www.moosewoodrestaurant.com/

nothing particularly gf but they know what you are talking about.

Other restaurants mentioned by at least one person:

Food for the Planet in Ithaca on West Buffalo Street.  This is a vegan
restaurant- not everything is gluten free but I heard that the owner is
celiac, and they do gf very well.

Also folks mentioned a couple of the usual chain restaurants (e.g. carrabas), I assume people can do a websearch for locations for the national chains. I would rather go to a local place if possible or simply eat in our cabin.

Groceries -

Wegmans - great stores, many gf products in Nature's Marketplace section.  See:  wegmans.com you can find stores in the finger lakes region, icnluding Ithaca and
 further north, just check their website.

There is a health food/organic store called Greenstar - also has many gf products.  See:  greenstar.coop

Hope this is helpful! If we discover anything else once we go there, will add it to this post.
joan