From:
Andrea Protzeller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 17:48:06 EST

Hello List Members,  My son has celiac disease and I was wondering if anyone
had some tips on relieving his constipation.  He can go four or five days,
with no urge to go to the bathroom. I have tried Milk of Magnesia and he
drinks plenty of apple juice and eats plenty of fruit. Do other celiacs have
this problem? When he was first diagnosed, his colon was extremely enlarged.
Could this be the problem now? Could it possibly have stretched out so much
that he no longer feels the urge to go? I would appreciate your suggestions or
comments, because we both are tired of relying on enemas or suppositories when
he gets so uncomfortable. Thanks. Andi
Carlsbad, CA