Date:
Wed, 20 Dec 1995 11:27:27 -0500

I, too, developed an allergic reaction to penicillin and all its related
drugs years ago before developing any celiac symptoms.  I've only been gf
since May of this year after eliminating gluten in a effort by my Dr. to see
if we could find out what was wrong with me...no official test done.
Several years ago, a different Dr. prescribed amphicllin (sp?) for bronchitis
and after taking ONE pill, both of my hand became itchy, red and very swollen
for about four days and I broke out in a rash all over my body. Now I'm
beginning to wonder if there is a connection or if its coincidence!

Roz Reynolds
Oakland, Ca.