From:
Harold D. Grotevant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 2000 22:06:45 -0500

Dear Naomi and fellow listmates,
I am a frequent Northwest flier (living in Mpls - St. Paul) and usually ask
for a GF meal. I STRONGLY urge you to take some of your own food! The last
time I ate their meals, I got a GF entree with a dinner roll! Another time,
I think they figured that GF meant vegetarian, and so I got a pasta salad!
So it's a nice idea, but don't count on the food working out. On an
international flight, a flight attendant took pity on me and gave me some
rice cakes from her purse.

I recently flew on Sun Country Airlines, which is trying to compete with NW
in the Twin Cities market. They have great rates, but when I asked about
special meals, the reservations agent laughed and suggested I bring my own
food! Not bad advice. Sorry I can't be more positive about Northwest.
Hal Grotevant
 St. Paul, MN