From:
Lisa Esmond <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Mar 1999 12:19:16 EST

Thanks so much to all of the kind replies to my request.  Unfortunately, no
one knew anything about the specific vitamins I was asking about, but I got
lots of other great suggestions for GF vitamins.  Unfortunately right now my
daughter will not chew a vitamin, so I am forced to find a liquid vitamin so I
can get SOMETHING inside of her.  Here are the replies I got:

<<I wondered if you had heard about the fructose compounded vitamins
available from Melaleuca.  You can read about them at
http://www.melaleuca.com .  We have had really good results with them.
Because of the fructose compounding process, the body accepts the minerals
instead of rejecting them like it does with most supplements.  (Including
liquid.)  It is similar to chelated minerals, which does increase absorption
some, but since the chelation breaks down in the body, they still are not
absorbed as well as these fructose compounded ones.
        Basically what the fructose compounding does:  The minerals are bound to a
fructose molecule.  The body seeks out sugars for energy.  When it finds
these molecules, it accepts them at the cellular level, so that the minerals
are able to be used, rather than rejected.  Because of the way these
vitamins are manufactured, the body is able to begin using them even before
they reach the intestines.  I think this is a real plus for someone with
celiac disease.  My children are only on a GF diet, so I am not sure about
casein in the vitamins, but I don't believe there is any.  You can call
Melaleuca and they are happy to answer any questions about the products and
have lists with allergens, etc, on them.  I have never found anyone that
couldn't answer a question I had.  The children's vitamins are called
VitaBears, and are gluten free.  They are chewable and taste very good.  The
adult Mel-Vita is not GF, unfortunately, though the Mela-Cal supplement is.>>

<<Gluten-Free Mall Internet site sells Freeda vitamins which are free
of all allergins. The site is at:www.glutenfreemall.com>>

And in reply to my request for the phone number for TwinLabs, it is:
1-800-645-5626.

Thanks to everyone, and if anyone ever does find out whether or not Liquid
Health Vitamins are GF and/or CF, please let me know!

It's a pleasure to be here,
Lisa Esmond
Mom to Abby, 4 1/2 yo with seizure disorder/autism and on a GFCF diet with
great success