From:
Sharon Marcus <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sharon Marcus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Feb 2007 16:36:57 +0200

Hi all,

I wrote about 2 weeks ago concerning my Grain Master Whisper Mill
that had gotten clogged. I believed that it had died and I was fully
prepared to spend $200+ for another one, thinking that since I'd
bought mine, new and improved mills had come on the market. I wrote
to the list for advice. Thank you to all who responded.

Unfortunately, almost everyone who replied asked me to post my
summary to the list, except for 2 who suggested the Grain Master
Whisper Mill, which I already had, and where I could possibly get
replacement parts. A couple of others suggested K-Tec but commented
on the noise level and that they had to wear ear plugs!!! My research
into the Whisper Mill was not that positive. I came across the
following URL and I recommend it  to anyone searching for a new
machine: http://www.pleasanthillgrain.com/index.aspx#Nutrimill
If you scroll to the middle, you'll see the extensive review of the
Grain Master Whisper Mill, and if you scroll further down, you'll see
the history of their customer service. Needless to say, I was not
encouraged. But the Nutrimill (at the top of the page) looked very
nice and I did some cross checking, and despite the price, I thought
that this would be my purchase. What really attracted me was the fact
that you could put the grain in either before OR after you turn the
machine on and it won't clog. (That is what caused my current problem
with the Whisper Mill.) Actually, 1 person did recommend this one.

Just for the heck of it, I called one of the 2 CANADIAN service
numbers for my Grain Master Whisper Mill, assuming the US number was
no longer operating. I spoke to a very nice man, who answered my
questions even on a Sunday. I described my problem and told him that
I don't live in Canada or the US, so sending the Mill for repair
would be prohibitively expensive. He suggested that I try taking the
Mill to a gas station and try cleaning out the machine in all its
crevices with the pressurized air that one uses to re-inflate flat
tires. I didn't hold out much hope, but lo and behold when I tried to
operate the Mill at home, it worked better than it had in a long
time! So the nice man in Canada saved me over $200.

I hope my recommendation and suggestion helps someone else out.
Good luck,
Sharon Marcus