Date:
Fri, 22 May 2009 11:58:25 -0500

Hi folks, got several good responses specific to the area.

Lisa was very helpful – she said a great source for the Albany, NY area is a
gluten free blog on the Times Union newspaper website
www.timesunion.com <http://www.timesunion.com/>
she said the woman who writes this is constantly updating what’s going on in
the area

Lisa said she lives in the Saratoga area and it is very gluten free
friendly.  Since there is a racetrack in Saratoga which my elderly uncle
loves to visit this will definitely be a day trip for me.  The places I
might eat at are:
KD’s Fish Fry www.kdfishfry.com <http://www.kdfishfry.com/>  @ Country Club
Plaza #8, 418 Geyser Rd., Ballston Spa telephone 518 583 9677 (this I can’t
wait to try)
Nunzio’s Pizza – reportedly has awesome GF pizza (oh goodness!)
Hattie’s – Jambalaya is GF and the catfish can be made GF
Circus Café, Old Bryan Inn, Ravenous and Longfellows have gluten free
“adapted” menus

Latham, NY – Sherry Lynns is a gluten free restaurant – 836 Troy-Schenectady
Rd., Route 7, Latham, NY 12110 www.sherrylynnsglutenfree.net
<http://www.sherrylynnsglutenfree.net/>  – sounds very promising

Colonie, NY – PF Changes and an Outback

Crossgates Mall (wherever that is) but I will find it – Pizzeria Uno now has
gluten free pizza

Albany, NY – El Loco’s Mexican has a GF menu – 465 Madison Ave, zip 12210 –
she said this was a favorite of hers

Albany, NY – The Ginger Man does not have a GF menu but she has recently
eaten there successfully, saying chef is very knowledgeable

TJ said couldn’t help with specifics but what he does is google name of town
and state with words gluten free dining after.  I did this and came up with

Cooperstown, NY – Cooperstown Natural Foods www.sweethomecooperstown.com
<http://www.sweethomecooperstown.com/>  61 Linden Ave tel 607 547 8613

Oneonta, NY – The Green Earth www.myspace.com/greenearthoneonta - this is a
very cool website and sounds like it’s worth the drive

Scotia, NY (close to Schenectady, NY) – Bernard says he lives in this area,
and there are many restaurants able to make something GF with minimal risk,
and provided his telephone number if I would like to chat

Canojaharie, NY – has a couple restaurants that can do gluten free from
Bernard

I can’t wait to begin my eating adventure!  Sounds like I will definitely
not be going hungry or lack for dining out adventures.  I will summarize my
experiences when I return in mid August. Thanks again to everyone who
responded to me.

Best celiac regards, Dorina