Date:
Wed, 15 Mar 2006 17:24:45 EST

I intended to communicate with each of the almost 1 dozen people who
responded to my original post about the possibility of creating a summer camp  for
children with celiac disease here in New Jersey.

Unfortunately I have not been able to do that and so I send out this post  to
inform all that there appears to be inadequate demand at this time.  I  don't
know why but I received responses for only 14 children directly and I
received one response from an organization that indicates it may have up to 20
children who might possibly be interested hypothetically.  I don't know  what
overflow between the 14 who expressed interest and the "up to 20 who might  be
interested" there is, but clearly we don't have enough to start a  full-fledged
overnight summer camp at this time here in New Jersey (some of the  14 were not
looking for an overnight camp experience).

Nonetheless, I remain very interested in the concept and welcome
communications from all at any time regarding this issue.  However I don't  think there
is anything we can do for this coming summer and if we are going to  do
something for the summer of 2007 we need to generate more interest, or at the  very
least more inquiries.

Perhaps the answer is that the existing wonderful camps in other states,
especially our relatively close neighbor, Rhode Island, are adequately meeting
the needs of New Jersey children and therefore there really may not be a need
for a camp here in New Jersey

Thanks to all who replied and who might continue to be interested in trying
to put this together in the future.

Best regards,

Steve Kaplan

Steven J.  Kaplan, Esq.