Date:
Thu, 25 Mar 1999 20:48:21 -0800

At 02:36 PM 3/25/99 -0800, Rebecca W. Buffum wrote:

>Large floating stool is a sign that the
>body is not absorbing fat- check consisitency of stool. (Mine aren't
>fatty or floating)

We should all be aware that there are two reasons for floating stools: 1.
steatorrhea = floating stools because there is too much fat in them, this
leaves an oil slick on the water and often indicates celiac; 2. because
they have too much air in them from gas, and often indicates another
intolerance other than celiac (wheat, lactose, etc.). -vance

I might also mention that some people, like me, when they go on the diet
will lose weight or fail to gain weight because they feel better and are
more active, and also because there isn't much in the way of junk food you
can eat at first until you discover some safe ones.