From:
Pattie Reagan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Pattie Reagan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Jun 2012 16:20:03 -0400

The Washington Nationals have a gluten-free food stand near section 115.

When I visit DC, I stay at a friend's apt. in the Penn Quarter near The Verizon Center on 7th NE. Lots of chain options with GF foods there and on H St. around the corner. Have you downloaded the Washington, DC support groups restaurant list? It provides excellent info. on the National Mall, the best restaurant option is in the Museum of the Native American = they have everything labeled gluten free and lots of options.

You should try the Irish Channel Restaurant on H Street in DC, near China Town and the Verizon Center. They have 4 gluten free pizzas on the menu and the staff has been well trained Ella's Wood Fired Pizza near the Gallery Place Metro.

Open City near the Zoo metro (across from the Omni Shoreham hotel). Both are reasonably priced and delicious with lots of options. They are also both kid friendly as well.

If you want something a bit more upscale, but not too expensive, I have eaten very very well at Scion near Dupont Cricle, I think it's on P Street. The President and Mrs. Obama have eaten there. It's very good.

http://www.glutenfreetravelsite.com

The Oval Room and the Capital Grille. Oval room was outstanding, capital grille was good. Both were very accommodating.

When we spent the day at the Smithsonian aircraft museum, the cafeteria there was great. When we ordered a gluten free chicken meal for my teenage son, the manager put it together himself and was very knowledgeable. Otherwise, we just picked up yogurts when we weren't sure or couldn't find anything. And I always carried some GF snacks along.

Hello cupcake is downtown DC & has wonderful GF cupcakes, Alexandria , VA (5 min from DC) has PF Changs, Chick fil A , Happy Tart ( GF pastry shop) there is also a mom &pop pizza restaurant in Alexandria. Zpizza is in that area & now has large GF pizza. I have had good expirence at all of these. My adult son & family live there. Also Red Velvet is a bakery in Alexandria w/GF cupcakes. Happy Tart is the best.

www.dcceliacs.com

Pattie
Sent from my Droid